Tabletop Exercise Development
Using the HSEEP format outlined in Sections 1-6, develop a tabletop, or discussion-based, exercise. You can develop this exercise to apply to a real-world setting (i.e., your work environment or jurisdiction) or to a fictional situation. The following deliverables must be included in the exercise packet:
- strategy (one- to two-page introduction message describing how this exercise fits into the agency/jurisdiction/state strategic plan and the exercise cycle, describing how you determined the need for this exercise, and giving an overview of the format of the exercise)
- situation manual (in HSEEP format)
- facilitator questions (at least 10 questions)
Part 1: Strategy
- Showcase the linkages to the agency/jurisdiction/state strategic plan and exercise cycle.
- Discuss the gap this exercise will seek to fillâ€”why the exercise is needed.
- Give an overview of the format of the exercise.
Part 2: Situation Manual
- Give the SMART objectives.
- Describe an applicable scenario.
- Define the scope and purpose.
- Appropriately use the template.
Part 3: Facilitator Questions
- List at least 10 questions that would facilitate discussion to meet the objectives.