IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m working on a writing discussion question and need guidance to help me understand better.
As usual this assignment should be APA format with references, length should be a minimum of 3 paragraphs.
course e-book: vitalsource.com will be shared
What works for Health website: http://whatworksforhealth.wisc.edu/
Youtube video for the community toolbox:
3.2 Discussion: Evidence-Based, Population-Focused Interventions
Evidence-based practice is the expected standard when caring for individual patients across the healthcare continuum. The same is true regarding population-focused practice. With a growing body of knowledge regarding evidence-based population-focused interventions, the health of populations can be strengthened. As healthcare dollars continue to shrink, planning for evidence-based interventions is more important than ever, especially for at-risk populations already experiencing health disparities.
Additionally, you will explore various resources regarding evidence-based, population-focused strategies currently used to promote the health of aggregates.
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
- Discriminate between the various categories of population-focused interventions.
- Determine evidence-based strategies to improve the health status and eliminate health disparities of at-risk populations.
- Textbook: Public Health Nursing: Population-centered Health Care in the Community
- Website: What Works For Health
- Website: The Community Toolbox
As you proceed with the assigned readings, please take note that the Intervention Wheel described in Chapter 9 of the Public Health Nursing: Population-centered Health Care in the Community textbook is a framework describing the standard categories of population-focused interventions. It is not a service delivery model itself, but rather serves to categorize the types of interventions used in population-focused practice. For example, some categories include surveillance, outreach, policy development and enforcement, collaboration, and so forth. Once you have familiarized yourself with these categories of intervention, you will be able to relate them to specific evidence-based approaches identified in the electronic resources in the assignment.
- Review the appropriate rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Chapters 9 and 15 in the textbook, Public Health Nursing: Population-centered Health Care in the Community.
- You may find it helpful to visit the following websites regarding evidence-based, population-focused practice:
- What Works for Health (Find the section Policy or Program.)
- View the video, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Tools to Change our WorldÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Prepare to discuss the following prompts:
- Based upon your reading and community assessment experiences identify a population-centered best practice model (Policy or Program, not the Intervention Wheel) or evidence-based approach to care that addresses the needs of a selected at-risk population. A best practice model policy or program is an approach to solving a population-centered problem that has been proven to work and can be used to model a similar idea. State your selection.
- What factors contribute to the vulnerability of the at-risk population you stated?
- How does the identified best practice model or evidence-based approach address the needs of this at-risk population? Specifically, what are two ways through which health disparities are addressed to improve the health status of this at-risk population?
- Considering the Intervention Wheel model of population-focused interventions Ã¢â‚¬â€œ and considering the evidence-based approaches you investigated through the web resources above, from the 17 categories, select three categories of population-focused interventions and describe how each would augment efforts in your community to improve population health outcomes for this at-risk population. Explain your selections.
- Research and select at least two current scholarly sources to support your explanations and insights OCLS resources are preferred sources and can be accessed through IWU Resources. Wikipedia is not permitted, as it is not a peer-reviewed, scholarly source.